Fill in the blank with either “directly” or “inversely”.
(1) Area of an equilateral triangle: A=(√3s2)/4
A is proportional to s.
(2) Average speed: r=d/t
R is proportional to t.
(3) Surface area of a sphere: S=4πr2
S is proportional to r.
(4) Free vibrations:
is proportional to W.
(1) The constant is multiplied to s2 to yield A; √3/4 = k → directly
(2) The constant divided by t yields average speed; d=k → inversely
(3) The constant is multiplied to r2 to yield S; 4π = k → directly
(4) The constant divided by W yields ; =k → inversely